I really just wanted a creative way to say "protein waffle"...so "flexin" was the best I could do in a pinch. Since getting my waffle maker (from Groupon - no shame), I've been doing some big time weekend waffling. After indulging in my waffle affinity with amazing recipes like Brittany Angell's Extra Crispy Waffles, PaleOMG's Chocolate Waffles and Hold the Grain's Sweet Plantain Waffles, I decided to try my hand in my own waffle creation.
As it's fall, and as per my inability to stray from the pumpkin norm, I OBVIOUSLY incorporated the beloved ingredient it into my waffle debut. As pumpkin becomes "out of season" and not the trendy cool thing to eat anymore, it can be omitted without a substitution. I personally will eat pumpkin in the fall, winter, spring and summer...total rebel.
Go ahead and satisfy your waffle craving - get your flex on!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut milk or almond milk
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use SFH Pure)
- Turn on your waffle iron.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until the batter is smooth.
- As per waffle iron directions, pour the batter into the iron. Remove when the tops are slightly browned.
- Serve! I topped mine with some grass-fed butter and Grade B maple syrup.