It's fall. And if you're a female between the ages of 14 and 38 (don't ask me how I fell upon those arbitrary numbers), you have an unnatural obsession with all things pumpkin. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if they started marketing pumpkin-flavored toothpaste or pumpkin-scented deodorant.
...I'd probably purchase both of those items.
I mean...its the seasonal trend...even the non-conformists can't help but dress themselves in infinity scarves, over-sized sweaters, leggings and tall boots while simultaneously weakening at the knees at the scent of a pumpkin spiced latte (with almond or coconut milk OBVIOUSLY).
Or beer. Pumpkin beer. I know beer is like a cardinal sin in the paleo book...but to that notion, I flip my middle finger up sky high. It's delicious and haters gonna hate. Let them hate. Put a chilled mug of pumpkin IPA or even a pumpkin stout in my right hand and I'm one happy autumn-loving, pumpkin-conforming beyotch. Now, let the pumpkin happy dance begin. Hope you all aren't sick of all the pumpkin-infested social media that's ensuing...because it's only October 2nd and you know there's plenty more where that came from.
- 1/3 can coconut milk (I used Trader Joe's Light) or 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp canned pumpkin, or 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice (mine is SFH Pure or Fuel)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A few shakes of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Put everything in a blender and drink directly from the blender...or I suppose you can be civil and pour it into a glass.